A few months ago, PageHabit (a bookish subscription service, with a new release sent to you each month and eight genres to choose from) asked me if I’d like to become a #PageHabitRep. With a lot of internal squealing, I of course said yes for a number of reasons. (and not only because this is one of the coolest things I’ve been asked to do!)
Firstly (and for me, most excitingly) part of the profit from each PageHabit box is donated to different literary charities, helping to make reading more accessible to less privileged readers and potential readers around the world. Specifically, a portion of the proceeds of Octobers box went to charities in The Democratic Republic of Congo.
Another super exciting aspect PageHabit, and one I think makes it stand out from other subscription services, is that no matter which genre you choose, the newly released book you receive each month will be annotated by the author. Not only do the authors featured in the PageHabit box write a letter about themselves, their book and writing process etc. they also have annotations on sticky notes throughout the book! I’m personally very nosey when it comes to authors and knowing what they were thinking when writing. So being able to *somewhat* dive into their minds and writing process whilst reading their book, is so much fun!
PageHabit has also very kindly given me a affiliate discount code to share. So if you like what you see and/or are interested in checking it out use the link here and use the code GIRLREAD for FREE shipping if you’re in the U.S or $5 off your box if, like me, you’re outside of the U.S!
So, October, what did we get?!
- An adorable light up pumpkin keychain, which both utterly terrified and excited my dog, after discovering that it essentially screams at you. (And yes, my dog and I had a lot of fun with this… okay, it’s mainly me randomly bringing it out every now and then, to see the pure joy and frustration on my dogs adorable, fluffy, confused face but it’s a lot of fun…)
- The cutest little plastic blue dinosaur tea strainer you ever did see. I’m going to be honest, as a non tea drinker I had to ask what this was but I’m determined to find a way to use it, it’s far too adorable not to!
- A gorgeous black and white PageHabit bookmark, with an Einstein quote: “The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.”
- A short story (each month, PageHabit commissions a new short story for your box.) Octobers was ‘Help Me Follow My Sister Into The Land Of The Dead’ by Carmen Maria Machado
- A card with information about the country in which some of the proceeds from your box go to.
- A bright yellow library card pillow case. Yes, you read right. A library card pillow case!!
Finally, the main event, Octobers book was *drumroll please* Last Burning Star by Caitlin Sangster. Book one in a new YA Dystopia/Fantasy (I believe?) trilogy. Check it out here on Goodreads!
So that was it for Octobers YA PageHabit box! I’m super intrigued by Novembers box, as the hint for the YA box is “a new-to-town outsider taking on the evil that resides there.” Don’t forget you can order your box today and get free shipping or $5 off using my link and the code GIRLREAD!